Do you ever have one of ‘those days’, a day that has just taken its toll on you physically and mentally. This restorative stretch will help you check in with yourself, and release the stress of the day. You can stay in this posture for a few moments to several minutes. Gather a few pillows and or blankets and follow the tips below. Enjoy!
Tips for this stretch:
- Good for all on those crazy high pace days and good on lazy weekends too.
- Find a quiet corner or room.
- Position a pillow to run along your spine and on to support your head, like a T.
- You may need additional pillows or blankets as needed to feel relaxed in this position.
- Breathe, recharge.
- Hold for another 1 minute to several minutes. Bring your knees together and then let them fall back into the butterfly position.
This stretch can be done multiple times a week depending on how much tension you are holding in your back, chest and hips. Trust yourself and allow yourself to stretch deeper each time. It takes time to build routine, let’s all try to add some stretching and relaxation back into our day to day!
These videos are meant to be educational and instructional. They are not able to diagnose or treat a specific issue and are definitely not a substitute for a professional evaluation.